If you inadvertently erased WhatsApp talk history, messages, and connections on Android mobile phones, like Samsung mobile phones, LG, HTC, Lenovo, Motorola mobile phones, you can get them back. This blog highlights the various approaches to recover erased WhatsApp messages. In this context, it is relevant to add that there are software tools like the chat App or the Android data recovery that can be easily downloaded and used to recover WhatsApp messages from Android mobile phones.
Ways by Which You Can Recover Old Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Following are the different ways by which you can recover old deleted WhatsApp messages from Android mobile devices:-
Recover WhatsApp Chat History Using Backups
If you have any backups of WhatsApp chat history, you will have the option to recover the chat history from your backups. If you have erased any Chat history or messages without backups, you can still recover the lost messages, connections from the WhatsApp automatic-backups. It is because WhatsApp makes backups automatically daily at 4 AM (local time) and stores them on your mobile phone’s internal memory provided that there is sufficient free space on your mobile phone. To recover WhatsApp messages you need to uninstall the WhatsApp. At that point reinstall the chat application once again. During the app installation process, you will be incited to restore your chat history. Just tap and restore the chat history that is under seven days old.
Reinstate WhatsApp Chat History Using older-backups
Following guidelines help you to restore WhatsApp messages:-
Open the WhatsApp database. You can open the back-up folder. Choose which backup-files you need to restore. Rename that document from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”. Next, install WhatsApp. Tap Restore. You can discover the WhatsApp backup documents from the /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases organizer. You will see that the WhatsApp documents are saved using names like “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7”. Note that the WhatsApp backup-folder might be situated in either your mobile’s inside memory or outside memory.
Recover WhatsApp chat messages without losing most current chat-history
The new messages that are sent or received post a backup and erased before the next backup, cannot be restored. If you need to keep a record of the most up to date WhatsApp messages, you can make a manual backup using the following:-
WhatsApp > >Menu Button >> Settings >> Chat Settings >> Backup discussions
Rename this backup-file to something like “msgstore.db.crypt7.newest”/”msgstore.db.crypt7.current”.
Recover erased WhatsApp Messages without performing any backups
If you have simply erased some significant chat messages without a backup then you can get them using the Android data recovery tool. This software tool can be downloaded from the web and used.
Steps of Using the Android Data Recovery Tool
Following are the different steps to recover data using the Android Data Recovery tool:-
- Turn on the option for USB debugging for your Android mobile device.
- Connect your Android mobile device to PC through USB
- You can use the Android Data Recovery to analyze the mobile phone and scan for WhatsApp messages that are deleted from the mobile phone. The tool checks the version of the Android mobile, driver support, etc.
- Run Android Data Recovery on your PC
- Recover erased WhatsApp Messages
- While using the Android Data Recovery tool, it is prescribed to pick the particular type of file that you have to recover. This is optional and you can use the data recovery software to scan all the data and files that are there in the mobile device. If you choose a particular file to recover then it narrows down the search. Then the Android Data Recovery software takes less time to recover the deleted file.
- Recover erased WhatsApp Chat Messages and archives using the Android Data Recovery Software
- Use the Android Data Recovery tool to scan your Android smartphone. The tool is quite useful to search lost data and files from Android internal or external storage. You can, however, choose the WhatsApp data to recover. The WhatsApp data can be in the form of textual messages, images, videos, attachments, etc.
In this context, it is relevant to add that the Android Data Recovery software is compatible with most Android mobile devices.
This blog highlights the various methods by which deleted WhatsApp messages can be recovered. If you like this blog post, do share it online.